1.07.2007

Transform and Roll Out!

Not to brag or anything... but I seem to rock the sharpies like a bad motha fucka.

Optimus Prime

Seriously, though. Everytime I make a rediculously large drawing (this one took up a whole sketchbook page) that pretty much requires I use a sharpie to ink it, it always turns out way better than if I use a tiny micron and get all the little itty bitty details. I have this Godzilla drawing I did for a T-shirt over the summer and since it was so big I used a sharpie. Well it turned out pretty awesome even though I still haven't made the T-shirt (I need to get some glow-in-the-dark screen ink) I still think it rocks better than any small drawing I could have done.

I'm gonna do a lot more with the whole sharpie thing but the down side is that I can't really make comics in sharpie. I mean they just don't make scanners big enough for that kind of thing and I'll be damned if I'm gonna stich pages that big all the time. I have learned an iportant lessong, though. Less small details and thicker lines make for a better picture, especially when reduced.

No comments: